Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thank yous and goodbyes

So at work this past week we have been doing thank you calls. Which is basically calling people and saying hey thanks for the donation and that is it. I don't know why but it is so awkward! It makes no sense why saying thank you is super awkward but I found myself either in a perpetual thanking circle with the caller, "thank you! No, Thank you! etc.." or I have to explain to them that I am not asking for more money which is also awkward. People are just so surprised when you do not have a motive when thanking them. I wonder what the awkwardness of thanking someone says about our society. We do not know how to thank people and we do not know how to respond to being thanked.

In a week from today I will be graduating college and along with that brings many things. Among one of them is having to say goodbye to my cat Cooper. Our landlord next year is not letting pets so alas I have to part with my other half. I am going to miss him so much I freaking love that cat. I am also preparing to go to Europe for the summer! It is coming so quick and i still have a bunch of things to do along with passing my finals and packing up my room but I think I am going to survive. Next week is my last week for 2 months for karaoke! I love going to the Cabin, I am now a regular and last week I did not even have to show my ID! I want the last song I sing for a while to be epic but am having trouble thinking of a song, So far I have sung, I'm Gonna Be (500 miles), Save a horse ride a cowbow, barbie girl, teenage dirtbag, come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment