Tuesday, June 15, 2010

day one and two ish

ok so the 17 plus hours of travel to get here were fairly uneventful. I slept through the first two and tried my best to sleep on the last. Boston's airport was so confusing but it made for a funny adventure to find terminal E but after a little while we finally found it. The two girls we are staying with are awesome they are Italians living in Dublin, well actually they live in Swords which is full of cute houses and such. So far we rode on a double Decker bus and sat on the second story, I got my first stamp in my passport, we saw our first castle (Dublin castle), saw our first old church (Christ's Church), sat in a park and ate at a restaurant called Queen of tarts.
Christ's Church was by far my fave part of the day. It is incredible and so amazing how multiple different types of architecture can come together to create such a unique place. We were lucky enough to get there during a service so we got to listen to scripture and pray in this amazing place, I feel blessed to have seen it! I also really liked Saint Stephen's Green (the park we went to) it was a mix of a lake (more pondish), large grass areas, large areas with trees, lots of benches and gazebos. It was nice not to just go go go and see every tourist attraction we could. I think by pausing and taking a break in the park we got to just simply be in Dublin rather than just see it.
Umm awkward moment of the day? well going to find the park and asking this kid raising money for kittens and puppies the paws project. he asked where we were from and I told him Seattle and he asked if I had heard of the Paws project and I said I had partly because I really had heard of it but also partially because I wanted the guy to buzz off. well needless to say he did not believe that I had heard about it before and walked us all the way to the park entrance (which was handy because we didn't know where it was) and then he asked us for a donation and I was like well we will think about it... and he was like don't be like that! think about the kittens save the kittens! and it took all my effort to walk away, apparently I have animal lover written all over my face. it wasn't that awkward just kind of funny! Ok well that is all for today. next we are heading to Trinity college to explore then we are meeting one of the girls we are staying with to go back to her place where we can hopefully crash, because we are sooo tired!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot in one day! How fun and cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Amanda! I hope you keep the blog up because it is fun and interesting to hear about what you are doing in Europe! Cooper came out from under the couch last night for a while.....
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete