Saturday, June 19, 2010

Scotland!

I love Scotland! It is amazing here the people are nice and the cities are fairly easy to figure out! we just got done with the whiskey tour in Edinburgh it was pretty cool. we rode on this thing that took us though how scotch whiskey is made. then we tried some whiskey. I dont like it very much but it is still pretty cool with come water added. our hostel is awesome we are in a dorm style room and we share a bunk. I am trying to find a way to post pictures but it is not working none of these computers have sd card readers and I did not think to bring my usb connecter. I might have to buy one. we have almost 2 more days in Edinburgh and I am really excited because it is quickly becoming my faviorte stop (sorry Ireland) so far. we are becoming pros at walking around with our backpacks on.

Oh so in my previous post I said damn 3a and I did not have time to explain why, it is a joke really. we were told by a waitress to take the 3A bus to find C.S lewis and when we gave up on going to Titantic (because that bus is a ghost and snuck past us) we boarded the 3A but katie asked if this was the right bus for the C.S lewis statue on Hollywood ave (because we were not super sure) and the bus driver looked at us like we were crazy then called over the inspector and he had no idea either so we sat down and then after inspecting our map decided this was not the bus so we got off before it left the station and then went to city hall and st Anne's catherdral (we have seen A LOT of churches!) and a WWII memorial thing. then we walked all the way back to city center to catch what we thought was the right bus and rode it and eventually found the libary where the statue was. while wondering around what bus should drive by but the 3A! we found our friend C.S Lewis and took lots of pics and the old man took a pic of both of us turns out he used to preach at a church in Bremerton and he used to live right by the boarder and visted Lynden and bellingham a lot. well anyways we missed a 3A back and had to wait for the next one and while we were waiting we were jokingly saying damn you 3A! so that is the story of the awesome epic journey to find C.S lewis and narnia.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda! You sound like you are having an amazing time! Cooper is venturing out more...but the funny thing is he is afraid of BB. Enjoy your trip and I look forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing miss you and I hope you continue to have a great trip. Be safe

    ReplyDelete