Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saved by moms IPAD

Ok well first off Bath:
Bath is the most beautiful city we have seen to date. It is difficult to descibe how pretty it is but my goodness I loved that city! Some highlights: Jane Austen- a few of her novels were influenced by Bath and it was fun to go to the Jane Austen Centre, as many of you know she is one of my faviorte authors. We got to see some of the sights she describes in her novels and it was awesome! Mainly we just wondered around the city but it was great. at the end of the day we set out to find our hosts house but first we stopped at an internet cafe to get directions, here we met this kid who is the first person in Europe to create a 3d system for playing video games it was really cool. then we followed the directions given to us to the persons house and missed the holloway (actually I just did not know this meant underground). so we got lost walked about a mile in the wrong direction, stopped at a hotel where we were given mapquest directons then followed those. we ended up walking us this BIG hill and i am talking steep (like the driveway in lake chelan only a few miles long). we got to where we were staying and found out she got her dates mixed up but we could stay there anyways. it was fine but a bit awkward. that is about it for bath
LONDON (so far)
we got to london and got to our hostel only to find it super sketchy! at first i thought it was going to be fine because this guy that works there was nice and was watching lady gaga music videos and then Justin Beiber and I naturally talked to him about these music choices so from then on when ever he saw me he would start singing baby to me. but anyways the hostel was horid! it was hot, we were the only tourists, lots of people were just looking for jobs, my phone got stolen and it gave me the creeps. so the first full day we explored and say the castle, tate modern and the eye and then decided we could not go back there because it made us physically cringe at the idea of sleeping there again. so we tracked me down a new phone to buy and then called my mom and asked her to use her powers of internet to find us a place to stay! we were lucky she had her IPAD with her! anyways now we are staying near notting hill and we feel safe and slept well. (katie did not have to sleep holding everything she cares about) today we say Westminster Abby and the house of parliment and a few other things like the National Gallery. I like London but it reminds me of an older New York so it does not feel super new to me but it is still cool. I need to go home and read up on English history because it is so facinating.

I miss Karaoke! oh and England is having a heatwave go figure... we have not seen rain since we left! I miss it. but not too much! Ok that is the abridged version of what I have been up to since my last post. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have had a lot to deal with in London! What are moms for :) Have fun and I look forward to hearing all the details when you get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a crazy adventure in London! I am so happy you are having such a great time Amanda! I can't wait to hear more of your stories once i am home! Continue to have a fabulous time, Love ya!

    ReplyDelete