Monday, June 21, 2010

Goodbye Scotland

We are leaving Scotland soon. I am both excited and sad about this fact. Edinburgh is on my list of places to come again. Oh and I had 2 glasses of lemonade yesterday! one in the morning which was really good and one in the afternoon which was not good. the second one would've been good if they added water to it but as it was it was like lemon goop and really really sour. I even added mango juice, thinking trader joes had mango lemonade and that is delicious so this should be too, WRONG! it was not good. I ended up buying a bottle of water and downed half of the lemonade and added water to it. the water helped a little.
So far we have done a lot. Saturday night we met some boys from Portugal at our hostel. we ended up going for a walk with them, where I asked a lot of stupid questions because katie was quiet and so were the boys unless prompted. I was sad they had to go the next morning because I really enjoyed them! we ended up going to a pub for a pint before going back to the hostel. We were the first ones in our room to go to bed and we were on the ground floor and well around 1am people who were apparently locked out proceeded to bang on our window which was fairly scary but we did not want to let them in because there was no way of knowing if they were really residents or not so we just tried to sleep through it.
Yesterday we went on a free 3 hour tour (insert Gilligan's Island tune here)it was a walking tour and it was so cool. we learned all about the history and heard stories and yeah. we saw the building that was the inspiration for hogwarts and a tomb with the name Thomas Riddle and other names that are in Harry Potter. I was very excited! we also went to Edinburgh Castle which I really really enjoyed. we got to see where Mary Queen of Scots was born and see the dungon and all sorts of other cool things. the best thing was the view! I called my dad while was there to say happy fathers day and he told me to keep on blogging so this is me keeping on blogging. we leave for Wales soon I am currently uploading pics I have no clue what pics they are because I just clicked random ones. But it should give you guys and idea of what we have been doing. they will be on flickr.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your dad keep blogging when you can, its like a story I'm reading take care

    ReplyDelete