Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ok so I am doing this on my iPod because I finally found a apple store to fix my Internet connection and Internet here and in Venice is like 3 dollars a min! Anyways I loved Venice it was a lot of shopping and a lot of pretty things. Our hotel had no ac so we had to sleep with the window open which was loud and full of bugs. The first day we explored and got lost but eventually found our way. It started to rain and people tried to sell us umbrellas buy we just skipped and said no thanks we are from Seattle! There was thunder and lightning which was so cool I saw a bolt! The next day we explored some more and eventually met up with some friends from home! It was so great to see Kayla and Emmy we had a picnic dinner on a bridge and just sat and talked about our differnt adventures. It was nice to have other people to talk to but it also made us a little home sick for our friends and family.
The next day on a suggestion we went to the island of maurano to see all the glass. We went to the museum and saw glass from the first century which was incredible! I wore shoes I got in Rome that day which was a horrible idea my feet were killing me because they had no support. We saw this guy blow glass but his show lasted all of 2 min. Then we rode a bus Aka a boat to San Marco square which was cool but they were setting up for a fashion show so you couldn't get the whole effect. The rest of our time in Venice we just explored, we saw probably the whole island. We did not do much touristy things which was a nice break from Florence and Rome.
Oh Florence! Well I loved it, it is so pretty we stayed in an old nunnery which was great! The best part was seeing david that statue is increadible! Oh and I also liked sitting on a bridge watching the sunset while listening to live music.
Ok so now Zurich, first of all I have 30 plus bug bites from Venice 15 of which are on my right arm! Needless to say I am itchy! It is nice to see mountains again and have bearable weather it is only about 27 here as opposed to 40s. We followed the river in from where we are staying (with this nice Swiss lady) it took us over am hour but was really cool. Then we followed this route on a map and saw the highlights of Zurich. We went to a market, fed swans, watched people dive into the river, I bought a watch, had some Swiss chocolate and many more things. The Swiss frank is almost par with the dollar so it feels cheeper but it isn't. A grande iced lemon habiscus from starbucks cost 8 franks! And a paper back book cost over 20. Other then the expense I love it here and would for sure come back! Can't believe there are only 8 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment