Monday, July 19, 2010

real quick

I do not have too much time but I am alive! First happy birthday scooter miss you! ok now malaga was a week of relaxation. I swam, slept, went on a day long adventure to pick up a practical joke from the post office, saw the ocean, read a book a day and well basically that is it. oh and drank a lot because apparently Spain is where you become an alcoholic. Barcelona started off bad aka the day from hell we waited in a 2 hour line to reserve tickets to Rome only to have a grumpy lady say she couldnt do it (she so could she was just lazy and grumpy) and she sent us to the info line, where we waited for 20 min and then were sent back to the 2 hour line which was only about an hour the second time. we got a very nice man who got us the cheepest easiest route. so that is fixed. then we got to our hostel where we were informed that hostel world only reserved one bed one night and 2 beds for the second. so we had to find an alternative and still pay for it. but we are in a hotel which is pretty nice except (this may be too much info for some of you but it is what is happening)our neighbors have sex all night and the walls are paper thin. so my ipod is my new best friend. when we first discovered the noise katie was in the bathroom and I was sitting in the room and she finally said is that what i think it is? that better be the tv! it was very funny. the next day we saw the Picasso museum and the cathedral of Bacelona and the arc de trump and a bunch of other things. I bought fans from this lady who I bonded with over our dislike of people bringing ice cream into her store and me pretending to understand everything she said to me. and I made friends with her dog. it was very fun. today we saw lots of Gaudi and the beach and wondered a long time. I like Barcelona but I am excited for Italy! we are taking a night train to Italy tomorrow which is going to take 2 days off of Rome but we had so much time there it should be fine. Well that is about it. love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Gaudi great. I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to travel halfway across the globe to hear noises coming through the wall. I just traveled halfway across the country and I get the same blessing. Hooray for Ipods.

    ReplyDelete